Gather as much information as you can before you make steps to move forward and ask these questions (and more):
- What need does your product or service fulfil?
- What is your brand story?
- What does your brand stand for?
- What is your unique point of difference?
- Who are your target audience? Let's break down those personas....
- What are the motivations of your audience? What language/messaging/channels would resonate with them?
- What do you want to achieve with a particular campaign?
- Who is doing what you want to do better and why?
- What would success look like?
- How can success be achieved - tactics? Content generation, customer workshops, display advertising, automated milestone journeys...
- What challenges might you face?
- Did that work?
- What else....what's next....
Having worked in finance, higher education, events, superannuation, fashion - the list goes on, what never fails is asking questions. Before you set a marketing budget and put together a marketing plan, you need to ask questions - lots of questions. Talk to your audience, observe what others are doing and consider what needs to be achieved.
If you're not asking questions then you're not learning how to do things better.
Brand Immersion Strategy
B2B Marketing Minute
Marketing Strategy with Dorie Clark
LA2M Lunch Ann Arbor Marketing
eth Godin Start Up School